Wednesday 24 June 2015




There's only about a month until the residency in Lampeter and time seems to have flown by. It feels like I only auditioned for the Nash a couple of weeks ago! The first day is looming and I'm sure everyone is very excited to be back. I remember the first day on my first course and to be honest I was rather nervous. The fear of the unknown I suppose...  I learned throughout the day that I didn't need to be nervous as everyone is very welcoming and supportive.  The first day is a chance to get to grips with some great music with your section and eventually with the full orchestra in the evening.

The first day is a chance to catch up with old friends and to make some new ones. In my opinion, the best conversations happen in the dining hall and in the union bar.  These places are an integral part of the course where we can just chill.

Mae amser wedi hedfan ac mae yna dros fis cyn i'r cwrs yn Llanbed ddechrau. Mae'n ymddangos fel petai cwpwl dim ond wythnosau yn ôl ges i glyweliad! Roeddwn i braidd yn nerfus ar fy niwrnod cyntaf ar y Nash. Mae'n anodd gwybod beth i ddisgwyl.  Doedd dim rhaid i mi fod yn nerfus oherwydd mae pawb yn groesawgar ac yn gefnogol. Mae'r diwrnod cyntaf yn gyfle i roi cynnig ar y gerddoriaeth gyda eich adran a hefyd gyda'r gerddorfa lawn.


Cyfle i weld hen ffrindiau a gwneud rhai newydd yw'r diwrnod cyntaf. Yn fy marn i, mae'r sgyrsiau gorau yn digwydd yn y ffreutur a bar yr undeb. Mae'r llefydd yma yn elfen mor bwysig o'r cwrs gan eu bod yn cynnig cyfle i ni ymlacio.

Hedydd Edge (Viola / Fiola)

The 1st Tutti Rehearsal / Ymarfer Llawn cyntaf

No comments:

Post a Comment