Thursday 6 August 2015

Osian shares some initial thoughts on this year's conductor

We've now had our first day with the maestro him self, Paul Daniel. He is an extremely lively conductor that gets everyone in to the music.
We started in the morning and played through the pieces. At first it was a little bit hard to follow him and to follow his ideas, but one of the things he is very good at is imagery and getting us to see and feel his ideas. And by knowing what he wants it hit easier and easier to follow him. By now I have no trouble at all to follow him.
I'm starting to enjoy the pieces much much more now with him even though they're far from my style of music. As I said he gets everyone in to the music. I can't wait to play in concerts now and to see what Paul performs like in a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment